Hello buddies I am back after a long break as I said in my last post that I am busy in my exams so I am hardly publishing one article a week but I will try my best to be engaged with you.Today's post is about twitter new 2-step login verification system which have enhanced twitter accounts security so today I am here to share this new change with you so all of you and your fellows be safe from any malicious attack.The same system is already in action on Facebook and Google but twitter has something new with this 2-step verification that when you are on any other device or using an app you have to generate a temporary password from your applications page and paste the code where twitter credentials needed and the temporary password will expire in one hour.
What Are The Benefits And Why This System Is Different ?
- This is slightly different from Facebook & Google because twitter do not safe your device on their servers.
- A code is sent on your mobile device every time you sign in to your account.
- You have to verify the application which you are using through twitter credentials.
- One step more forward towards your account security.
- I have tested it hundreds of time no bad timing of receiving messages like Facebook have.
- According to my analysis this is the best cluster free and light weight system than any site have on the web.
How To Activate 2-Step Verification On Your Twitter Account ?
1: First Login to your twitter account go to settings >>Account security in the bottom.
2:Check the box saying "Require a verification code when I sign in".
3:Put your mobile phone number in it and follow the prompts.
4:When you next time sign in your twitter account you will receive an sms containing six digit code enter the code in the given area and you will be redirected to your twitter profile.
How To Generate Temporary Password For Other Devices & Apps ?
1: Go to your applications page and click on generate.
2: Type in your password and than click on generate.
3: You will be shown your temporary password which will expire in one hour you can paste the password any where on any other device or app where twitter credentials needed.
Some Professional Tips For Safe Tweeting
- Use a strong password.
- Use login verification.
- Watch out for suspicious links, and always make sure you’re on Twitter.com before you enter your login information.
- Never give your username and password out to untrusted third parties, especially those promising to get you followers or make you money.
- Make sure your computer and operating system is up-to-date with the most recent patches, upgrades, and anti-virus software.
Conclusions > > >
I don't know why twitter was so late while introducing this system while others already have but as said by twitter officials.
"Every day, a growing number of people log in to Twitter. Usually these login attempts come from the genuine account owners, but we occasionally hear from people whose accounts have been compromised by email phishing schemes or a breach of password data elsewhere on the web."
Is there any difficulty while understanding any point in this post than feel free to comment down here cuz comments are more than welcome on this blog.I am waiting anxiously for your precious thoughts that you want to share with me about this new and improved system.Till then happy blogging.